As part of the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Faculty of Materials Science and Technology based in Trnava endeavours to be a research-oriented and internationally recognized faculty developing modern trends in research and industrial production, with emphasis on advanced materials, sophisticated production technologies and industrial engineering, automation and computerization of manufacturing and technological processes, as well as quality, safety, environmental and managerial aspects of industrial production.
Focus of the STU MTF research activity
Research activity of STU MTF takes the forms of:
- Projects of the base and applied research supported by the domestic grant agencies,
- Demand–oriented projects,
- Projects within the international programmes and international grant schemes,
- Projects of international scientific and technical collaboration,
- Contractual research and development.
The Faculty research activities are focused on the following areas:
- Materials research with emphasis on the materials research, development and treatment,
- Research and development of new technologies of industrial production, oriented mainly on technological treatment of modern engineering materials and ecologically clean production,
- Industrial informatics and automation, process control and information security for the technology and manufacturing systems,
- Research into Industrial engineering and management of industrial enterprises
- Safety and reliability of technology equipment and systems, with emphasis on the methods of systems analysis and synthesis.
Fields and priorities of the STU MTF research
Accredited research fields of STU MTF are:
- Metallurgy and Montane Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Science and Telecommunications
- Engineering and Technologies.
The Slovak Republic Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport conferred the STU Faculty of Materials Science and Technology the right to conduct the habilitation and inauguration procedures in the following study fields:
|5.2.7. Machine Technologies and Materials|
|5.2.50. Production Technology|
|5.2.52. Industrial Engineering|
|8.3.5. Occupational Safety and Health Protection|
The Faculty of Materials Science and Technology strives to actively contribute to the defined mission of the Slovak University of Technology by prioritising materials science and production technologies in the accredited areas of education, science and research within the following objectives:
- Implement the university education system at all levels in accredited study programmes,
- Disseminate, promote and develop knowledge through the science and research tools,
- Ensure the transfer of science and research results into the education process,
- Ensure the transfer of science and research results into entrepreneurial practice,
- Protect the results of the Faculty research.