- Manufacturing Technologies
- Production Technologies and Production Management
THE AIMS OF EDUCATION
The graduate in study program Manufacturing technologies:
- exerts a comprehensive and complex set of knowledge and skills in the field of manufacturing technologies, including the knowledge of their mutual relationships and connections within the context of related fields
- exerts the knowledge and skills of theoretic-technological character oriented to solving the tasks of machine engineering and automotive production based upon the knowledge of subjects from the natural sciences and technology
- exerts the theoretical and practical knowledge of technologies of machining, welding, forming and casting and also sophisticated methods of solving the demanding practical tasks at the level corresponding to the national and international criteria
- exerts the knowledge and survey of technical materials (metallic and non-metallic), their properties and application
- exerts the basic knowledge of technical preparation of production, assembly and automation of production processes and systems
- exerts the knowledge of computer support of manufacturing technologies and is ably to apply them in the field of technical preparation of production
- exerts the knowledge of management of production processes and systems, ecology and marketing
- is able to design the technological parameters of individual methods of welding and joining the materials
- can design the technological parameters for the individual methods of machining and to select suitable machine tools
- can calculate the dimensions of blanks, forming forces and works and to propose suitable machines for the basic forming works
- can design the technological parameters for the individual methods of casting to the permanent and non-permanent moulds
- masters the preparation of technical documentation, technological procedures for welding, machining, forming and casting
- masters the basic strength calculations from the viewpoint of loading in tension, pressure, bend and torsion
- masters the fundamentals of technical and professional English
- masters the fundamentals of economy and plant management.
The graduate in study program Production technologies:
- can analyse the requirements of customer on the basis of technical documentation and standards
- is able to read with understanding the technical documentation, technical papers and orders from the customer
- can analyse and determine the basic properties of metallic and non-metallic materials and apply them in the production process
- can apply new technological processes and prepare the new technological procedures for production of weldments, machined and formed parts and castings
- can prepare the technological and drawing documentation with the support of computer technology (of CAD, CAM systems)
- masters the principles of designing the tools and jigs
- can make the basic strength calculations for tension, pressure, bend and torque loading
- can innovate and improve the existing products and production infrastructure
- can prepare the layout of a workplace with application of CAD software
- can apply the most recent knowledge in the field of management, automation, optimisation and informatization for solving an actual technical issue
- can apply the principles of safety and health protection at work for the individual technologies of material processing
- can process the work results in the form of technical reports and presentations and can communicate them efficiently
- exerts the managing, social, moral and ecological awareness.
The graduate of study program Production technologies:
- exerts creative thinking in innovation of products and production procedures and also in preparation of the new technological and production procedures
- is independent in solving the professional tasks, projects and in coordination of partial activities
- is able to think analytically and present his views and solutions
- is capable to work efficiently in a team, to cooperate and motivate the people and to take the responsibility for the team results
- is ready to take the responsibility for solving of tasks and issues within the production process
- is able to plan and organize the work and to acquire the new knowledge individually
- is able to take the responsibility for leading and management of a working team within the production process
- can communicate on a high professional standard at all levels of management and also communicate with the providers of tasks and projects
- exerts the capability to identify, quantify and assess the impacts of issue solving on the social field and life environment.
APPLICATION OF A GRADUATE
Indication of occupations
The graduate of study program Production technologies:
- is ready for the study at the 2nd grade of university study and based on the achieved knowledge and skills he may directly continue in the study in the linking engineering study programmes at the Machine engineering department.
- shall apply as (in accordance with the System of occupations at the web link - sustavapovolani.sk):
Technologist of machine engineering, Engineering specialist – technologist, Specialist of production planning, Specialist for processing of plastics, Engineering specialist – designer, Foreman (supervisor) in engineering production, Programmer of CNC machines, Welding technologist, Welding specialist, Welding operator, Machine technician in the engineering production, Quality inspection specialist, Inspector in engineering production, Manager in engineering production, Foreman (supervisor) in blacksmithery, Operator of forming equipment, Machine operator for rolling of metals, Casting technician – technologist, Casting technician – metallurgist, Foreman (supervisor) in foundry, Technician - metrologist.
Application of graduates in actual employers
We do not specify. Majority of graduates continues in the second grade of university study.
Relevant interested parties: Relevant external interested parties, which provided the statement or assent to conformity of the achieved qualification with the sector-specific requirements for performing the occupation. Relevant external interested parties are specified in each program – at least the statements are provided. This is not the case of regulated professions.
Guarantor: Roman Koleňák, Prof., Ing., PhD., email@example.com
Study Advisor: Assoc. Prof. Ing. Jozef Bílik, PhD., firstname.lastname@example.org